Hello everyone!
I am new to the blogging scene.
Just thought I would start my blog describing a little bit about myself.
I was born out on Long Island and moved to Maryland when I was 8 years old. My childhood years were spent in the boonies - quite literally- my high school's name was "Boonsboro." I was called "yankee" at my high school as a playful nickname - but I really loved my school and the people that I met. I quite often complained that I wanted to get back to New York and spent all of my summers at my grandma's house out on Long Island.
Maryland definitely taught me how to adapt to a new place and to learn about people I wouldn't otherwise know about if I wasn't thrown into that situation. So needless to say my heart and my childhood resides in Maryland.
After high school I attended Hagerstown Community College for 2 years and got my general studies out of the way. Around my sophomore year there I decided that I wanted to major in communications and Hofstra just seemed to be the best fit for me. I really just fell into PR - I had done some research on it and realized that it was something that I might really have a knack for.
So here I am! I am a senior this year and will be graduating in May. I just got back from the study abroad Venice trip! I had an excellent time there, studying Venetian Art. Now it's back to life and reality. I am really excited for what New York has in store for me. I plan on getting an apartment before summer starts up (I am living in the dorms right now) -- So if anyone is looking for a roomie, let me know. :) I am interning at Krupp Kommunications PR Firm in the city and I am loving it! Hope that they offer me a job when all is said and done, but if not I have some plan B's, C's and D's lined up just in case.
Really excited to start working with my PR 107 campaigns class. We have a great group of PR kids that are determined to take Hofstra by storm. I think between all of us we will get our clients well known and get them some fabulous coverage.
I'm excited to have you and the others in PR 107... I think this is going to be a great class! Thanks for posting, Melissa.
ReplyDeletehey melissa,
ReplyDeleteIt was so great just read your post and learn more about you..I am glad that your internship is going so well for you...you are such a hard worker...i hope more good things happen for ya...see you in class
Sarah